The Solution Engineer plays a key role in supporting the technical requirements of the Collibra Data Governance Center in collaboration with Data Architecture, Data governance and other analytical teams within the Health Sciences. This role designs, builds and deploys data governance solutions leveraging asset model customizations, interfaces via Collibra Connect connectors, custom APIs and workflows within Collibra. The Solution Engineer will also conduct Collibra application front-end work and back-end integration work related to Data Governance, Master Data Management, Data Quality and Reference Data Management. The Engineer will leverage data extraction, transformation, and load processes between source and target data structures and is also an active participant in operational modeling and data mapping exercises of Collibra assets and domains for projects and use cases.
- Provide Solution Design for complex data governance solutions including but not limited to information asset modeling, end to end cloud and on premise architecture design, BPMN workflow and API integration
- Serve as liaison between OHIA technical teams and the Vendor during installation, upgrades, etc.
- Plan and deliver upgrades seamlessly through coordinated planning and testing
- Work with stakeholders to identify and understand source data issues and opportunities for technical consideration and optimization
- Standardize technical rules and create a framework for operationalizing interfaces and workflows
- Support automation and monitoring of Data Governance program performance
- Facilitate routing/handling of application issues and enhancements with ISS technical teams and Vendor Support
Data Governance Center Activities – Interfaces and Workflows
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes.
- Define user roles and privileges, role-based workflows, and data validation rules.
- Build, Test and Deploy BPMN workflows based on business requirements through thorough testing and preparation of conference pilot scripts
- Responsible for all aspects of data integration and API development between Collibra and other systems via Collibra Connect or custom APIs
- Support production interfaces in alignment with API development framework best practices
- Design, Develop and test Configuration of Collibra DGC interfaces to support use cases and projects
- Perform unit and performance tests related to Collibra DGC interfaces.
- Support use cases for Reference Data management and develop processes for Master Data and application data hub architecture
- Support technical requirements for Data Quality including configuration, integrations of multiple source and target systems
- Schedule and oversee recurring reporting processes to support data quality improvement activities
- Implement Data Quality Profiling Software/workflows
- Engage in self-learning and relevant training on new technologies relation to data governance and information management
- Strong understanding of information / dimensional modeling and ETL design processes.
- Strong ability to design and engineer integrated metadata solutions for healthcare analytics use cases
- Experience with ETL/ELT, data warehousing/data marts, business intelligence and hands on experience with data services, API development and REST architecture
- Strong SQL relational database programming skills, particularly for Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server and exposure to Cloud / Big Data technologies.
- Solid understanding of software security, SSO, Active Directory
- Experience with enterprise integration solutions such as MuleSoft ESB, Groovy Scripting and web service integration skills
- Experience with Eclipse IDE and Activiti or other BPMN 2.0 engine, web/application development (HTML, CSS, APIs, REST, JSON)
- Exposure to Collibra and/or equivalent Enterprise Data Governance, Data Quality, and Master Data Management concepts and practical implementations preferred
- Experience with Software implementation methodologies, Agile, SCRUM
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle and environment promotion and software configuration and implementation projects
- Experience gathering requirements and translating them to technical design documents
- Experience in analysis, data relationships, data aggregation, and summarization with the ability to consolidate data from disparate systems is preferred.
- Ability to document and build future state business processes and lead business process modeling workshops
- Work experience with health care data is preferred including Epic certification
- Ability to comprehend relationships among data field elements in the Epic electronic health record, such as flowsheets, notes, encounters, lab results, billing, and paid claims.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or other related field is required.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: