US Synthetic – CNC Operator
US Synthetic, a ChampionX company has an immediate need for a Bearings CNC Operator located in Orem, UT. The Bearings CNC Operator will set up and run Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machinery for Polycrystalline Diamond Compound (PDC) bearings production according to Lean principles, and ensure parts meet company and customer quality standards.
This job is for Graveyard – 12 hour shifts – 6pm – 6:30am.
USSynthetic – CNC Operator
What We Do:
What’s in it For You:
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture, and empowers its employees through continuous improvement
- Comprehensive benefits package starting at day 1 of employment – medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more!
What You Will Do:
- Follow Lean manufacturing principles and apply at worksite to maintain a high quality standard and maximize capability and productivity
- Set up and run CNC equipment for lathe and mill machines for bearings production
- Read and follow a product specification print
- Inspect and measure parts for accuracy and conformance to product specifications
- Follow standard works i.e. standard sequence, standard in-process stock, critical knowledge, etc. to ensure product is on target and on time
- Cross-train on multiple pieces of equipment and processes to maximize capabilities and productivity
- Rotate as needed among all necessary processes
- Work at required pace (Takt)
- Submit and implement continuous improvement ideas as per standard
- Some EDM and grinding machine work
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Follow all company policies (Attendance, No Tobacco Products on Campus, Illegal Drug & Alcohol, Family Medical Leave Act, Personal Appearance, Personal Electronic Devices, Vacation & Personal Time, etc.)
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- At minimum of one year related experience
- Required to stand for long periods of time up to 12 hours
- Have a full range of body motion (lifting, kneeling, squatting and twisting)
- Use of Safety Equipment (Safety Glasses, Latex/nitrile gloves and Respirator)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Manual lathes and mills
- CNC experience
- Programming experience
- Good background in Lean principles
- Willingness to keep work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations (5S)
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, gauges and electronic indicators, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic machine shop knowledge
- Ability to interpret complex prints
- Willing to establish and implement an individual development plan, seek learning, face challenges head on and create an environment of learning
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
About Champion X
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: