US Synthetic, a ChampionX company has an immediate need for a Sous Chef located in Orem, UT. The Sous Chef will be the second in command in our kitchen, following our Executive Chef’s specifications and guidelines. The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
USSynthetic – Sous Chef – Swing Shift
What We Do:
What’s in it For You:
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture, and empowers its employees through continuous improvement
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day one of employment – medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more!
What You Will Do:
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Provide, develop, train, and maintain a professional attitude.
- Ensure all services to members are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility
- Follow all company policies (Attendance, No Tobacco Products on Campus, Illegal Drug & Alcohol, Family Medical Leave Act, Personal Appearance, Personal Electronic Devices, Vacation & Personal Time, etc.)
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
- Associates degree from a College or university or two years related experience as a Sous Chef and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner which is accurate, complete and of high quality
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, suppliers, members and employees
- Have working knowledge of various computer software programs.
- Ability to calculate figures, discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Certifications, Licenses, Permits:
Food Handlers Permit, Driver’s License and Serve Safe Certification within the first three months or prior to employment
About Champion X
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: